The professional's choice for
video encoding software
Highest quality output
Crystal clear encoding with
Best-in-class video processing
10-bit encoding engine and fine-tuning compression combine to allow you to generate pristine picture quality. Episode produces brilliant "true to the original" results for simple transcoding jobs as well as more complex encoding jobs such as standards conversion. In addition bumpers, trailers and watermarks can also be added to enhance and protect your video content.
Extensive control of codec and filtration parameters, along with a real-time preview, gives you complete hands-on control. The ability to fine-tune the video, with frame-by-frame video preview allows you to quickly and easily adjust your encoding and preprocessing settings.
Fully configurable pre-processing filters & control
High quality filters including motion compensated deinterlacing and frame-rate conversion enable complex standards conversion. Filters also include black and white restoration, HSV and gamma correction, noise removal, image sharpening for video, and normalize, balance, fade in/out for audio.
All the formats you need
Need formats? You've got 'em.
For every screen you care about
Extensive format support
Episode supports the widest range of formats in its class including all the major input output formats for web, streaming, VOD, production, broadcast and more. Whatever your encoding needs may be, Episode can handle them. See a complete list of supported formats.
Hundreds of presets
Start with an encoding preset. We have hundreds to choose from, including presets for Apple devices, streaming, broadcast applications and many, many more. These preset templates are designed to make your videos look spectacular with just a click. But don't worry – each one has parameters that you can adjust further if you want more fine-tuning controls.
x264 encoding option
Episode now offers the ability to add optional support for the x264 codec for $99. Known as one of the most efficient transcoders in the industry, x264 offers high quality option for encoding H.264 files. The x264 Option within Episode gives you optimized H.264 encoding and also lets you fine tune your parameters, and add enhancement filters – all within the familiar Episode environment.
Pro Audio Option
For $395, add encode and decode support for:
- Dolby Digital (AC3) – contains up to six discrete channels of sound.
- AAC HE – High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding, a lossy data compression scheme for digital audio defined as a MPEG-4 Audio profile in ISO/IEC 14496-3.
- AAC LC – Low Complexity Advanced Audio Coding optimized for low-bitrate applications such as streaming audio.
- AMR – Adaptive Multi-Rate audio codec, an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech coding.
easy clustering and
so much more
Episode gives you high volume batch encoding, highly customized control of your media, and everything in between. Sometimes you have media that needs some extra special attention. With Episode, you can fine-tune the codec and filtration parameters to your heart’s content. Each codec has hundreds of options to choose from and adjust. This, along with a real-time preview, gives you complete hands-on control of all your media.
In file-based workflows, automated and shared transcoding are a must and Episode can easily be configured to automatically pick up and deliver files to local folders, network shares and FTP servers. Episode can also be easily integrated into larger workflows with an easy to use API.
Episode also lets you enhance and change your media. Clean up noisy video, increase lightness, brightness or contrast; add bumpers, trailers, watermarks; overlay timecode; add closed captions, or even perform advanced conversions such as NTSC-PAL standards conversion and telecine insertion and removal. Episode includes streamlined, professional controls that let you have complete control over your media.
Free API available for all versions
Episode is easy to integrate into your workflow with its free, easy to use API. Includes both a Command Line interface and an XML RPC interface. Find code samples and documentation in the resources section.
Developer API Kit ($850/year per Episode Engine license)
For Episode Engine developers who want extra support for their API integrations, the "Episode Developer API Kit" option provides:
- Technical/engineering support to help you with your API integrations
- Exclusive early access license to the latest Episode features for the duration of your annual contract:
◊ New early-access features available in V6.2 include:
1. Image sequence input (DPX, TGA, TIFF, JPEG)
2. Microsoft Smooth Streaming
3. Apple HLS
4. Email notification task
5. Execute task (scripts)
Cluster machines to share encoding load
Collaboration and clustering are at the core of Episode's design. Easily join multiple machines together, both Mac and PC, and share encoding work among workstations. There is no need for costly add-ons or IT assistance. Episode's built-in file sharing system makes offloading work from one machine to another a snap. Simply prep your encoding work, send it off to the cluster and get it back when it's done.
3rd party Integration
Episode integrates with a growing number of third party applications and systems. For creative facilities, Episode allows editors and artists to easily offload encoding tasks to other systems or to centralize functions on an encoding cluster.
- Autodesk Smoke and Flame: Deep system integration with Smoke and Flame makes Episode the only encoder in its class to enable browsing, monitoring and transcoding directly from the Autodesk software. Direct integration makes it easier for Smoke and Flame users to access the powerful, scalable encoding capabilities of Episode products.
- axle video media management: Integration with axle media management gives axle users access to Episode’s single or multi-system transcoding clusters for a high-performance option for converting media between a broad range of file formats directly from within the axle interface. Exporting media to digital masters, distribution copies, proxies, web or mobile files is as easy as a few mouse clicks.
- Levels Beyond: Integration with Levels Beyond, users can export final outputs using Telestream’s Episode Engine, directly from the Reach Engine platform interface.
- Adobe Premier Pro (coming soon): Direct export from the Adobe Premiere Pro timeline gives Adobe Creative Suite users easy access to Episode’s high quality encoding engine and extensive format support.
Fits your work environment
Equally at home on a laptop, in the field, or working as part of a cluster of dedicated machines, Episode can be reconfigured quickly and easily to meet the needs of the day, or the hour. Episode's unique one-click clustering and file sharing capabilities make "prep and submit" encoding workflows easy.
Rockin' fast processing that
makes the most of your hardware
Unlimited batch processing
When you are encoding many videos using the same configuration settings, why not simplify the process? Episode allows an unlimited number of files to be added to any batch process. Use watch folders to pull files into a batch process, or manually submit a group of files. You can even prioritize encoding and add files to a batch while running.
Parallel encoding |
Episode's multi-threaded encoding engine is capable of utilizing the full power of multi-core workstations. In high volume workflows, Episode Pro and Episode Engine can speed up encoding even more by allowing multiple jobs to be processed in parallel. Episode Pro enables two concurrent jobs; Episode Engine supports an unlimited number of parallel jobs, optimizing the processing power of multi-core machines.
Split and Stitch
When encoding speed is critical, Episode can meet the demand with its unique Split-and-Stitch® distributed encoding. Split-and-Stitch technology, available in Episode Engine, enables distributed and segmented encoding for any supported format, taking advantage of all available CPU power. Whether on a single workstation or across a cluster of machines, Split-and-Stitch
is able to achieve truly remarkable encoding speeds
Easy to use interface
Episode's visual workflow builder simplifies the encoding process and helps identify functions being performed and the status of work in progress.