Position Statement Regarding Compliance
As a global company, with operations in the United States and the European Union, among other areas, Telestream is subject to various privacy and data protection laws with regard to the personal data that it processes or that is under its control. The applicable data protection laws may vary based on the particular legal entity.
In consultation with outside advisors, Telestream has developed a roadmap to modify and enhance its current data protection program to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Please be advised, however, that the GDPR has provided numerous derogations to Member States, particularly with regard to data subject rights. The majority of the Member States have not yet adopted guidance/regulations in response to such derogations. As such, GDPR compliance will be an ongoing initiative and Telestream will continue to monitor developments and adapt as necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the GDPR?
- The GDPR is the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. It describes under what conditions an entity may collect, use, and process “personal data” (see also below). The GDPR takes effect on 25 May 2018 and will replace current EU privacy legislation as set out in the Data Protection Directive.
- What is personal data?
- The GDPR defines personal data as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural and living person. The definition is extremely broad and can include data such as IP addresses and device identifiers. However, GDPR does not apply to the processing of anonymous data, which, by definition, is not personal data.
- Does the GDPR apply to Telestream?
- The GDPR applies to i) any EU person, business, or entity that processes personal data, ii) any non-EU person, business, or entity that processes personal data of EU residents. Once the GDPR takes effect, it will apply to Telestream as follows:
- Telestream entities that are based in the EU to the extent that they are handling EU personal data of customers or employees.
- Telestream entities outside of the EU to the extent that they are processing the data of their subs/affiliated entities/EU customers.
- Does Telestream or any of its subsidiaries currently comply with the GDPR?
- We have completed our initial GDPR implementation. As mentioned above, GDPR compliance will be an ongoing initiative and Telestream will continue to monitor developments and adapt as necessary.
- Which steps has Telestream taken to comply with the GDPR?
- A critical step in furtherance of GDPR compliance is understanding Telestream’s collection, use, and transfer of personal data, regardless of whether that data pertains to employees or customers. Telestream (and affiliated entities) have conducted extensive reviews of the data that they collect, and have memorialized such collection a data inventory.
- Telestream has identified any notices/consent forms (whether to employees, customers, otherwise) that need to be updated, and is in the process of preparing such updates.
- Telestream will continue to evaluate data transfer agreements for intragroup transfers.
- The Company has evaluated whether any changes need to be made internally to address data subject rights.
- Telestream has evaluated vendor relationships and is obtaining updated GDPR terms, as applicable.
GDPR Request for Personal Information
The form below is for website users in the countries of the European Union affected by General Data Protection Regulations. This form does not apply at this time to countries (including the US and Canada) outside of that area. This form allows you to request deletion of personal data, or access to your data.