Responsible for managing the daily workflow of the department to ensure that quality goals/commitments are met, and that we are maximizing client satisfaction. This position provides management, technical supervision, and training to employees. The team provides 24x7 support 365 days a year to our customer base.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and motivate a team, continually striving to provide more comprehensive and responsive assistance to our customers
- Drive continuous growth in the support team through performance management, mentoring, and training
- Work with the team to emphasis the value of customer support soft skills
- Review existing department processes, procedures and metrics and implement any changes or additions required to sustain a top tier enterprise customer support department
- Identify issues, provides input and makes recommendations regarding Technical Support programs, tools, projects and products
- Ensure that all customer support cases are following department case management guidelines using Salesforce tools
- Ensure that all issues are escalated in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Leverage and develop strong technical understanding of Enterprise products in order to credibly contribute to issue resolution
- Manage appropriate communications within the team and with a wide network of other stakeholders
- Manage customer escalations, owning communication to the customer and internal departments
- Responsible for collecting, tracking, and reporting of trend reports to manager
- Lead customer case reviews with customers, and manage information across multiple groups.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering or equivalent industry experience may be considered
- 3-5 years’ direct experience managing a team of technical staff in organizations providing technical support for software products, preferably for global software companies with worldwide client base. Experience in working with remote teams, and remote managers preferred
- Strong knowledge of customer support requirements
- Strong command of process, metrics and measures related to technical support delivery
- Experience in or with supporting products from the Digital Video/Broadcast Industry is a major plus
- Knowledge of digital video and audio broadcast technology and operational practices and experience with products that encode, compress, store and playout media for the Broadcast Industry with a strong emphasis on a systems perspective is required
- Working knowledge and/or experience with compression and associated technologies (MPEG, DV, 4K, ASI, DVB, IPTV, CAS, HLS/HDS/Smooth Streaming)
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment within the broadcast and multimedia industry (Decoders, Encoders, Multiplexers, Video Server, Storage, Automation, Switchers/Routers)
- Networking knowledge/experience with Ethernet, Multicast, switches, TCP/IP, UDP, Wireshark
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must feel comfortable interfacing with customers and internal groups
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Clear evidence of analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, use time management skills and independent judgment
- Ability to work on strict and short deadlines, able to set priorities and deal effectively with shifting priorities
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to work with others as a team member across a diverse organizational structure
- Some travel required (<25%)
If you are interested and your qualifications match the above, please apply today!