Do you have a passion for closed captions? Would you enjoy helping customers with the best caption solution in the industry? Then look no further! Join Telestream’s caption support team to be part of this exciting industry. We are looking for a technical person who is team-oriented, and has passion for helping customers. You will need to be a strong communicator, able to prioritize your work efficiently and effectively, and roll easily with the peaks and valleys that come with customer support. In addition, we want to you be able to contribute above and beyond the basic requirements of your job because you want to succeed and you know your efforts in turn make the company succeed. If this sounds like you, please apply! This position will be located in our Sterling Virginia office, and you will be surrounded by the best and brightest in the caption industry.
Primary responsibilities and functions include:
- Work with customers that range from large enterprise scale companies to individual consumers to small non-profit organizations.
- Answer incoming phone calls/web tickets from customers and handle per department guidelines.
- Ability to tailor knowledge based on level of end customer.
- Follow department case management guidelines using Salesforce CRM.
- Troubleshoot any customer complaints, issues, and inquiries to the point of resolution.
- Ability to replicate customer issues in a test environment.
- Promptly escalate unresolvable customer issues to the senior staff.
- Maintain advanced level knowledge of Telestream’s Caption products.
- Maintain knowledge around product pricing and comparative capabilities.
- Provide input to our product team as to what new features are needed in the software.
- Contribute to the internal knowledge base.
- Independently use available resources (e.g. using on-line resources, the internal Wiki, JIRA) to find answers to questions that pertain to the quality and design of Telestream’s captioning products.
- Maintain calm, patient and professional attitude with all customers.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules
- Some travel may be required (to HQ, or customer sites) <25%
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Considerable interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including listening carefully to the client’s needs before suggesting a solution.
- Minimum of two years of relevant customer service experience.
- Solid technical knowledge of Digital Video Technology.
- Solid understanding of digital video editing systems (Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Sony Vegas, and Avid, Adobe Premiere) and how our captioning software will work with these systems.
- Solid understanding of captioning.
- Strong technical knowledge of the basic functions of broadcast servers and editing systems.
- Knowledge of video production, VTR tape formats such as HDCAM, XDCAM, DVCPRO HD, DVCAM, P2, etc.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to set priorities and complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- Bilingualism is a plus (English & Spanish)
If you are interested and your qualifications match the above, please apply today!