Telestream Enterprise Support Services is looking to add a Support Services Tech II to the Enterprise Support team. If you have excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills, strong understanding of Networking, Digital Video Technology, Closed Captioning, Time Codes and Interlacing and experience training not only customers but internal Technicians as well, this might be the position for you.
Primary responsibilities and functions include:
- Provide technical support to Telestream Enterprise customers via email and telephone.
- Follow department case management guidelines using internal Customer Relations Management software.
- Troubleshoot basic customer complaints for any Enterprise product to the point of resolution.
- Maintain a basic and current knowledge of all Enterprise products as well as an expert level of knowledge of two individual products (as assigned by the Support Services Manager.)
- Ability to replicate customer issues in the Telestream Lab environment.
- Promptly escalate unresolvable customer issues to a Tier III Technician.
- Travel to customer sites to provide on-site support as needed.
- Provide product training to internal employees as well as Telestream customers.
- Contribute to the internal knowledge base in the Wiki.
- Independently use available resources (e.g. using on-line resources, the internal Wiki, JIRA) to find answers to questions that pertain to the quality and design of Telestream’s various software/hardware products.
- Maintain calm, patient and professional attitude with all customers.
- Participate in an on-call duty rotation.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules
- Some travel required (<25%)
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- High School Diploma plus some relevant college coursework. College degree a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM system a plus.
- Minimum of two years of relevant customer service experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience using Mac and Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong understanding of Networking and Digital Video Technology.
- Strong understanding of the basic functions of broadcast servers and editing systems. Must be able to load and play a digital video file in a lab environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Closed Captioning, Time Codes and Interlacing.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Must show the initiative and ability to maintain current knowledge of Telestream’s product line.
- Punctual, reliable attendance is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, fellow employees and management.
- Ability to set priorities and/or ask for assistance in setting priorities if needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
If you are interested and your qualifications match the above, please apply today!