What's New in Episode 6.5
- Closed caption support: CEA-608 and CEA-708 captioning standards, MCC and SCC caption formats.
- Added format support: HEVC, XAVC, VP9, and MXF AS-11.
- Multi-bitrate streaming support: Apple HLS (HTTP Live Streaming), Microsoft Smooth Streaming, and MPEG-DASH.
- Support for multi-track audio: Map multi-track audio channels
- Image sequence support: Directly from the Episode UI.
- Please read the Episode 6 Release Notes for complete details
Episode 6.5 is a free update for current license holders who have Premium Support. Please check your email for special upgrade instructions.
For Episode 5 and 6 customers without Premium Support, Episode 6.5 is a paid upgrade at the following prices:
- Episode 5 or 6 to Episode 6.5 = $199*
- Episode Pro 5 or 6 to Episode Pro 6.5 = $399*
- Episode Engine 5 or 6 to Episode Engine 6.5 = $1,299*
- To upgrade from Episode Engine 5, please contact Deb Newhouse
Move up to Episode Pro or Episode Engine?
- Episode 5 or 6 to Episode Pro 6.5 = $899*
- Episode 5 or 6 to Episode Engine 6.5 = $5,799*
- Episode Pro 5 or 6 to Episode Engine 6.5 = $5,299*
If you are not able to upgrade to Episode 6.5 within the application at the pricing above, please Contact Desktop Sales, providing your serial number.
*Includes 1 year of Premium Support
- Download and install Episode version 6.5.
- Launch Episode 6.5.
- On Mac: From the Episode menu, select Preferences > License;
click "+", then click “Purchase".
On Windows: From the Tools menu, select Preferences > License;
click "Add”, then click “Purchase".
- Select the product you want to upgrade to, then fill out the requested information and submit.
- If you already own the Pro Audio option, it will continue to work with version 6.5. There is no need to purchase or re-download this option.
Once your order is complete, your new Episode serial number will be given. You can then enter the serial number in order to activate your license.
An order confirmation with your new serial number will be emailed to you.