Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the installation guidelines within the Domain Management guide for detailed instructions on how to install Vantage. The User’s Guide also offers several “Getting Started” tours which can help you learn the basics of building and automating workflows in Vantage.
You may also wish to view demo videos on our web site.
Finally, sample workflows are included in Vantage which can help you get started. They can be imported from the Vantage Workflow Designer under File->Import Workflow… and are located at:
No, a Telestream Lightspeed Server is required. The Lightspeed Server includes both a cost-effective, fully qualified hardware platform, and also the necessary software to leverage our GPU acceleration technology for H.264 encoding and video processing.
- Screen MediaMate integrations for DVB and burnt-in subtitles
- IPV WM Plug in
- Dolby E decode or pass through
- Avid AMT encoding and delivery to Interplay (requires Transcode Pro Connect)
- Cinnafilm Tachyon video processing
- Dolby DP600 integration
- Aspera Faspex Delivery
- Signiant Delivery
- Interra Baton integration
- Nexidia QC integration
- Digimetrics Aurora integration
- Vidcheck Vidchecker integration
- Civolution Nexguard PreRelease watermarking
- Nielsen watermarking
- Advanced Task Scheduling
- Web System Health Dashboards
- Reporting & Analytics
Yes. You can download the SDK and supporting documentation here. The SDK supports WCF, SOAP, and REST API.
If you are a vendor interested in working with Telestream to develop a Vantage plug-in, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, Vantage offers significantly more capability than FlipFactory, including multiple transcoding engines and full workflow orchestration. For example, the following capabilities are only available in Vantage:
- GPU acceleration using the Lightspeed Server
- Various file formats and encoding technologies (such as x264)
- Transcode Multiscreen and Transcode IPTV VOD
- Integration with Avid Interplay Web Services
- A wide range of partner integrations
- Fully integrated Analysis with decision-making
- … and more
No, FlipFactory sales ended June 30, 2015. However, FlipFactory support will continue until December 31, 2016.
Most transcoding file formats supported in FlipFactory are also supported in Vantage. Exceptions include IPV MPEG-1, PacketVideo, Quantel SD, Abekas Encoding, MAV70. These encoders are not supported in Vantage.
No. Please use virtual machines or a different server if you are running Vantage.