||Windows 10 version 1803 or higher
macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur
|Windows 10 version 2004
macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina
||Intel i5 dual-core @ 2.3GHz1, 6th generation2 or higher
||Intel i7 quad-core @ 2.8GHz+, 6th generation2 or higher
||2GB3, 7200 RPM for record to disk
||500GB+, Solid State OS Drive
||Intel HD4, DirectX 11 capable
||Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon, 1GB+ video memory
||Open HTTP/HTTPS port 80, RTMP port 1935, port 7272 for Remote Desktop Presenter
||If behind a firewall, check with your CDN for any sites to whitelist
1May be insufficient for 1080p+ or 60 fps workflows.
3Additional hard disk space required for record to disk.
4Insufficient for advanced Multi-Viewer workflows.
Display Languages Supported
- An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 14 license activation.
- As long as your Wirecast (version 8 or higher) license is entered into the software and your Wirecast Access Plan is active, you will be allowed to upgrade to the latest unlocked version of Wirecast for free.
- View full upgrade information
Minimum Required Upload Speed
- It is recommended that an upload speed rate of at least double the selected video bitrate be available, especially for a total target bit-rate of 10Mbps (Megabits per second) or less, or when there are multiple outgoing streams.
- Upload speed can be tested at a website such as TestMy.net/upload.
- Additional tasks that can consume upload bandwidth on the network should also be considered when determining how much of the available upload bandwidth can be allocated towards streaming
Wirecast Rendezvous uses WebRTC technology that can be very resource intensive. For the best experience, we suggest considering the following table when choosing hardware:
|| Studio (2 guests + 1 host)
|| Pro (7 guests + 1 host)
||Add 4 Mbps
||Add 5+ Mbps5
4Based on a single simultaneous stream of 720p30 x264 @ 4.0Mbps.
5Bandwidth per guest will scale downwards as more are added to maintain reliability.
6Minimum recommended processor with example stream4. More demanding workflows may require a more capable CPU.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality.
- Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes or x264, as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- Total expected data rate should be compared to available disk write speed to ensure adequate disk throughput.
Failure to ensure the available disk write speed is greater than the highest expected total data rate may result in frames being dropped from recordings (ISO, Replay, and Record-to-Disk).
See our ISO Recording Guide for more information
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements:
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core.
List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an NVidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer.
NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU*.
*This may change in the future, as the Apple API decides what hardware acceleration method is to be used. At the time of this writing, only Quick Sync via an Intel GPU is supported.
High frame-rate streaming (60fps):
- High frame-rate streaming will result in increased CPU usage and require a higher bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for a quality encode.
- Simply switching to a higher frame-rate without ensuring the CPU and bitrate are sufficient may result in a lower quality encode.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- Maintained system CPU usage greater than 60% will increase the likelihood of dropped frames.
Supported Input Devices:
See what cameras, capture cards and other devices are compatible with Wirecast.