Stream live from your desktop to the world
An amazing all-in-one live streaming software
Put yourself in the director's chair.
Plug in your cameras.
Benefit from an unlimited number of input devices including live camera feeds, audio, video, graphics and more.
Prepare your shots.
Add polish and professionalism to your broadcast using the powerful live production capabilites.
Use the built in multiformat encoding capabilities and easily stream to integrated streaming services and CDNs.
Plug in your cameras
Got gear? We'll let you use it.
Add as many sources as your hardware can handle.
Unlimited number of input devices
Wirecast supports an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cameras (via USB, firewire) to DV/HDV and SDI cameras (via capture cards). Simply connect your input sources to your computer and Wirecast will recognize them as live feeds. The number of source inputs you can add to a broadcast is only limited by your hardware and processing power. See our "Sample Configurations" to see some recommendations.
Capture your live feeds from a wide range of camera sources.
- Logitech C910
- Logitech C920
- Microsoft Lifecam Cinema
- iSight (built-in)
- FaceTime HD (built-in)
SDI, HDMI, DV/HDV:
- Canon Vixia HV30/40 (HDV)
- Sony PMW-EX1R (HDV)
- Sony HVR-V1U (HDV)
- Canon XA10 (HDMI)
- Canon XF100 (Has HDMI output as well as an HD-SDI model)
- Sony PMW-EX1R (Has HDMI, HDV, and HD-SDI outputs)
- Axis 211 W
- Axis P1344
- Axis M1104
- Sony SNC-RZ50
- Cisco WVC80N
Capture card support
Capture cards are a great way to add additional input ports into your computer and offload some of the realtime processing of incoming footage. Wirecast supports the following capture cards:
- HD Game Broadcaster (DirectShow integration, Windows)
Blackmagic: (Blackmagic SDK integration, Mac & Windows)
- Decklink SDI, Duo, Studio, HD Extreme 3D, Quad – PCIe
- Intensity Extreme – Thunderbolt
- Intensity Pro – PCIe
- Intensity Shuttle – USB 3
- Intensity Shuttle – Thunderbolt
- Ultrastudio 3D – Thunderbolt
- Ultrastudio SDI – USB 3
Osprey: (DirectShow integration, Windows)
- 240e, 260e
- Matrox VS4 (SDK integration, Windows)
- Matrox MXO2 (SDK integration, Windows)
- Matrox MXO2 (QuickTime integration, Mac) – Thunderbolt, Express/34, PCIe
- Matrox Multi (SDK integration, Mac)
- IO XT (QuickTime, Mac)
- Kona LHi (QuickTime, Mac)
Support for other input devices
Broadcast your desktop using built-in Desktop Presenter
Broadcast the desktop of another computer during your webcasts. This is perfect for showing PowerPoint or Keynote presentations, training webcasts and product demonstrations as well as for broadcasting live interviews using Skype or other chat clients.
Desktop Presenter is a free application for transmitting a computer's desktop across the network into Wirecast. You can download and install on as many machines as you like.
Download Desktop Presenter
SDK for added integration
We are continuing to add support and integration for 3rd party capture cards, cameras and input devices. And with Wirecast's SDK for partners, camera and device manufacturers can create their own source plugins for Wirecast. If your favorite device is not yet supported, we encourage you to contact your device manufacturer and let them know about our SDK.
Prepare your shots
Put yourself in the director's chair.
You have a story to tell.
Let Wirecast help you tell it.
Multiple user-definable layers
Keep even the most complex projects organized with Wirecast's multiple layer support, allowing up to 35 layers of live compositing. Easily place a background music track or a watermark over your webcast that stays active even when switching between multiplecameras and shots.
Add polish to your broadcast by using professional-looking transitions as you switch between your cameras and sources. Generate transitions and effects in real-time, including cross-fade, 3D cube, swinging doors, and cuts.
Easily add titles and lower thirds to your broadcast, with more than 30 built-in professional broadcast quality title themes. Pick your favorite, enter your text and you're done.
Transport your production to a new studio or location using Wirecast's high quality GPU accelerated real-time green screen solution. Replace your (green) background with your own video or still image background.
Custom Canvas Size
The custom canvas size feature is helpful when you want to capture and stream non-traditional broadcast resolutions (for example game capture).
New! Live Thumbnails
Switch between sources with confidence! The live thumbnails feature lets you see real-time displays of all your live source shots in the shot window. See exactly what’s happening on each live input at any point in time, so you can switch between multiple live cameras faster and with confidence.
New! Countdown Clock
When you switch to a recorded video, the countdown clock will display the remaining time of that video, making it easier to prepare for the next switch.
Use the built-in scoreboard templates to track scores for live action sporting events. Customize colors and fonts to capture team spirit.
3D virtual sets
Create a virtual TV studio environment. With built-in 3D images, you can place yourself in your own TV studio complete with desk and backgrounds.
Global Audio Inspector with sync delay
Assign audio sources and control volume levels for your entire broadcast from one easy to use window. Use the AV sync to synchronize separate audio and video sources.
Don't keep your audience waiting.
Stream live to the world with just
Stream to multiple destinations and bitrates simultaneously
Want to stream in both HD and SD to a live streaming service and your own internal streaming server? Easy! Set up your project to simultaneously stream to multiple destinations and bitrates with just a few clicks.
Easy setup with leading streaming platforms and CDNs
Wirecast offers integrated setup for your streaming services with industry leaders.
- DaCast Streaming Services
- iNK Barrel Video
- Streaming Media Hosting
- New! TwitchTV
Note: If your streaming platform/CDN is not in the list ask them to contact us or send us a request.
- Wowza Media Server
- Flash Media Server 4.5
- Windows Media Server
- QuickTime Streaming Servers
Stream and/or save to disk
Save your production to disk for future archiving or on-demand distribution, as you are simultaneously live broadcasting your event.
New! Virtual Camera and Microphone output (Mac OS X & Windows)
Wirecast video and audio output can be picked up as a source in other devices or software for example: Skype*, Google Hangouts and GotoMeeting (Windows only).
Qualified chats/video conferencing systems:
- Skype* – video and audio
- Hangouts – video and audio
- GoToMeeting – video and audio (Windows only)
- Messages – video and audio (Mac only)
- FaceTime – video and audio (Mac only)
- Compatible with flash-based chat applications, or encoders such as Ustream Broadcaster.
- Compatible with any DirectShow compatible capture application such as VLC (Windows only).
- Compatible with any 32-bit or 64-bit CoreMedia compatible capture application such as QuickTime Player (Mac only).
Encoders: (Windows only)
- Flash Live Media Encoder - Audio & Video – use Wirecast as switcher/compositor for secure RTMP adaptive streaming, Adobe HDS HTTP dynamic streaming.
- Expression Encoder - Audio & Video – use Wirecast as switcher/compositor for live secure HTTP smooth streaming.
- FFMPEG – use Wirecast as switcher/compositor ro record to disk.
* Virtual Camera Out is currently not working with Skype 6.2 on Mac. Skype has acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, use Skype version 6.0 for Mac (download at oldapps.com).
Broadcast to an external monitor
Wirecast's External Display Output option allows users to display their live Wirecast stream on an external monitor. This is perfect for users who need to show their live stream to an in-house audience on monitors, projectors or other display systems. This feature also give you the flexibility to send your video signal through a scan converter to allow output to broadcast workflows.
Streaming format and protocol support
- QuickTime (Mainconcept H.264)
- Flash (On2 (VP6) and MainConcept H.264)
- Windows Media (Windows only)